Interview with Dr. Mimoza Pllana
Dr. Mimoza Pllana: Kosova College of Surgeons, ideal opportunity to gain new professional knowledge
The Specialist of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Clinical Center of Kosova, Dr. Mimoza Pllana, explains that the fact that she was ranked in the first places in terms of achievement in the Course on Basic Education of Surgical Residents – First Phase, has reached her expectations, since, as she said, “participating residents have acquired new skills and knowledge in surgical fields”.
In an interview for the Kosova College of Surgeons, Dr. Mimoza Pllana said that “my ranking in the first places is the result of my interest in the course in question, my professional preparation, quality improvement, knowledge and skills acquired from the modules of the Course on Basic Education”.
She highlighted that all the residents are very lucky that the Kosova College of Surgeons is based on the continuous education of all of the residents, therefore, she added that “my contribution is inevitable both through the Clinical Congress, as well as courses, workshops and committees”.
– The Kosova College of Surgeons has completed the Course on Basic Education of Surgical Residents- First Phase. You have distinguished yourself in this course for active participation. What does this course mean to you, and have you met your expectations?
– Dr. Mimoza Pllana: Gaining the right work habits at the beginning of a career as a surgeon serves as character building while becoming a surgeon with professional and scientific dimensions. Surgery as a noble profession, I say with full responsibility, that I feel it as an inseparable part of me, and as part of my profession.
Due to the importance of the Course on Basic Education of Surgical Specialists – First Phase, and in the context of acquiring new skills and knowledge in surgical fields, my participation in this course has been active. I also want to mention my colleagues, other residents in the field of Gynecology and Obstetrics, who have also participated in this organization, which has contributed to our professional advancement. I think that by the very fact that I am ranked in the first places in terms of achievement, I say that I have reached my expectations.
– You are ranked in the first places for achievement in this course. How did you achieve such high success?
– Dr. Mimoza Pllana: My success and ranking in the first places is the result of my preparation, desire and will, scientific research of the time, my participation in surgical trainings and workshops, as well as the quality and presentations of the 12 essential surgical modules of the Course on Basic Education, based on the curriculum of the American College of Surgeons and their practice in my daily work.
Also, I have achieved this success thanks to the commitment and support of my mentor, Prof. Asst. Dr. Vlora Ademi-Ibishi, who is also the chairperson of the Committee for Specializations, as well as the chairperson of the Organizational and Supervisory Council of the Course, which is a support for all of us residents, especially the residents of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
– You are a resident in the Clinic of Gynecology and Obstetrics. How much has the Course in question helped you in your professional advancement?
– Dr. Mimoza Pllana: A good start is a key to a successful career for each of us. As a Gynecology and Obstetrics resident, I can say that my experience in this Education has been necessary and profitable, and at the same time has an impact on my professional advancement, as well as on the quality of daily surgical services.
Undoubtedly, I say that the Course on Basic Education was welcomed by all participating residents, and it was a starting point for further professional advancement, in the acquisition of knowledge also in the field of Gynecology and Obstetrics. For this organization, we thank the Kosova College of Surgeons that enabled us to gain new knowledge, that is ideal in the professional medical aspect, and to be closer to our international colleagues.
– Will you continue with your participation in the Second Phase of the Basic Education Course?
– Dr. Mimoza Pllana: Regarding my participation in the Course on Basic Education of Surgical Residents- Phase Two, I will continue participating. This is because it is for my professional benefit. The advancement of young doctors is of great importance, so I hope that in the future we will have such commitments, which are the most necessary for surgical residents.
– Since you are a resident in Gynecology and Obstetrics, and the Kosova College of Surgeons is based on the continuous education of specialists in various surgical disciplines, as well as residents and students of surgery, through the Clinical Congress, courses, workshops and committees, how are you ready to contribute in this direction?
– Dr. Mimoza Pllana: As young surgeons that we are, it is in our interest to engage in the support and commitment of each of us for the advancement of Surgery in Kosova. This is one more reason to give our contribution to our homeland. For this, my will and commitment to any contribution for the common advancement of all will never be lacking.
Therefore, I say that I am ready to give my professional contribution in the discipline of Gynecology and Obstetrics, but also if required in other surgical disciplines. We are very fortunate that the Kosova College of Surgeons is based on the continuous education of all of us, therefore my contribution is inevitable through the Clinical Congress, as well as through courses, workshops and committees.