This event was organized by the Trauma Committee of the Kosova College of Surgeons, on March 29, 2023, in order for our doctors to become familiar with the most critical phase of polytraumas and their treatment according to the ATLS principles of the American College of Surgeons.
The symposium addressed important topics of acute management of polytraumas, or major traumatic injuries in the hospital phase:
- Dr. Albanian Demaçi: “Damage Control Surgery”;
- Dr. Antigona Hasani: “Damage Control Resuscitation”;
- Dr. Rifat Latifi: “Direct Peritoneal Resuscitation Post Damage Control Surgery for Trauma and Abdominal Catastrophe: Techniques and Outcomes”;
- Dr. Naser Salihu: “Ocular Traumatology”;
- Dr. Bedri Braha: “Abdominal Trauma and Abdominal Compartment Syndrome”;
- Dr. Vlora Podvorica: “The Treatment of Orthopedic Trauma”;
- Dr. Mentor Ahmeti: “ATLS: Principles”;
Furthermore, apart from personal professional growth, the significance of creating trauma teams was highlighted, along with a broader call to advocate for the establishment and advancement of a Traumatology Center within our nation. The deliberation also sought to address the implementation of ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) in our country through the Kosova College of Surgeons, among other matters under consideration.
131 participants took part in this symposium.