THE SECOND CLINICAL CONGRESS WAS HELD BY THE KOSOVA COLLEGE OF SURGEONS IN CO-ORGANIZATION WITH THE KOSOVA CHAMBER OF DOCTORS
We are very pleased to announce that the Second Clinical Congress was attended by approximately 750 surgeons from all surgical specialties, emergency medicine, and anesthesiology.
Unlike the First Clinical Congress, this Congress was attended by 111 presenters with 143 presentations.
Of this number of presenters, 53 have been International Guest Speakers from the USA, Argentina, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Australia, as well as from neighboring countries, such as Albania, North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Meanwhile, 58 local lecturers participated, all experts in their fields, a number we intend to increase for each Congress.
At the Second Clinical Congress, for the first time, the following awards have been given:
-“Publication and Innovation of the Year”, dedicated to the most important publication and/or innovation of the year. Dr. Salih Krasniqi was awarded this for his fact-gathering book “War crimes against patients and medical personnel, committed by the Serbian police and military forces in UCCK during the period 1998-1999”;
-“Leadership by Example”, is dedicated especially to our surgeons from abroad who have contributed and continue to contribute to surgery in the country, as well as local surgeons who have also contributed. “Leadership by Example” was awarded to:
Prof. Dr. Rifat Latifi;
Prof. Dr. Emir Haxhija;
Prof. Dr. Lumnije Kqiku – Biblekaj;
Prof. Dr. Avdyl Krasniqi.
-Distinguished Resident “Prof. Dr. Preveza Abrashi” Award
This award is dedicated to distinguished surgical residents. It is named after one of the most prominent surgeons in our country, Prof. Dr. Preveza Abrashi. Dr. Donjetë Ahmeti was honored with this award, as an Ophthalmology resident.
-The award for “Excellent Partnership” was given to the Kosova Chamber of Doctors, namely the President of the KCD, Dr. Pleurat Sejdiu.
Meanwhile, as is already the tradition, the Lifetime Achievement Award “Prof. Dr. Sami Haxhibeqiri” was also awarded, to:
Prof. Dr. Emine Gashi;
Prof. Dr. Mentor Petrella;
Prof. Dr. Philip Chaushay;
Dr. Isa Salihu.
During the Opening Ceremony, on 15.09.2022, the 12 Honorary Members of the Kosova College of Surgeons were also presented:
- Hubert Hauser, Prim. ao. Univ.-Prof. Dr. med;
- Paddy Dewan, MD, Ph.D., MS MMedSc, FRCS, FRACS;
- Barbara Cvenkel, MD, Ph.D.;
- Pierre-Alain Clavien, Prof. Dr. med.;
- Prof. Dr. Isuf Dedushaj;
- Prof. Dr. Selim Krasniqi
- Prof. Dr. Zenel Kelmendi;
- Prof. Dr. Nikollaq Kaçani
- Prof. Dr. Arben Beqiri
- Prof. Dr. Refik Ramku
- Prof. Dr. Etmont Çeliku
- Florin Ramadani, MD, Phd.
Also, to honor the past and all the professionals who have contributed to Kosovar surgery, 26 “state-of-the-art” lectures have been formed, named after these prominent figures, in 26 surgical fields. Lectures named in other surgical fields will be added to this number.
Named lectures include:
- The lecture “The Founding President of KCS Prof. Dr. Rifat Latifi for Global Health”;
- “Prof. Dr. Ali Zatriqi for Oncological Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Riza Binishi for General Surgery”;
- “Ass. Prof. Dr. Shefqet Meha for Neurosurgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Gazmend Shaqiri for Vascular Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Muharrem Gashi for Thoracic Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Muhamet Guguli in Breast Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Safet Beqiri for Lung Cancer Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Hajredin Ukelli & Ass. Prof. Faik Kafexholli for Pediatric Surgery”;
- “Dr. Xheladin Deda in Ophthalmology”;
- “Prof. Dr. Qamil Haxhija for Leadership in Ophthalmology”;
- “Ass. Dr. Bedri Bakalli for Traumatic Orthopedic Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Agron Pustina for Pediatric Orthopedics”;
- “Prof. Dr. Samedin Haxhijaha for Endoscopic Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Ymer Aliu for Minimally Invasive Surgery”;
- “Dr. Bajram Rexhepi for Combat Surgery”;
- “Ass. Dr. Shpetim Robaj for Anesthesiology”;
- “Dr. Hajrullah Saraqi for Intensive Care Medicine”;
- “Prof. Dr. Rifat Latifi for Telemedicine and Advanced Technology”;
- “Prof. Dr. Talat Pallaska and Prof. Dr. Besim Sllamniku for ENT Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Sadete Mekuli for Gynecological and Obstetric Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Emine Gashi for Gynecological and Obstetric Surgery”;
- “Musa Haxhiu for Scientific Research”;
- “Ass. Dr. Adnan Shabani for Plastic Surgery”;
- “Prof. Dr. Jashar Dula for Maxillofacial Surgery”
- “Dr. Adem Ademi for Emergency Surgery”.
Soon we will post information, images, interviews, etc., collected during the Second Clinical Congress held on September 15-18, 2022, in Pristina.