Kosova Journal of Surgery which is published by the Kosova College of Surgeons announces a vacancy for the following (part-time) position:
Who are we?
Kosova College of Surgeons (KCS) is established as a scientific and advocacy body to lead the advancement of the discipline of surgery in Kosova. The KCS, a non-profit scientific and educational association of surgeons, was founded in 2018 to improve the quality of care for the surgical patient by setting the highest standards for surgical education and practice.
Kosova Journal of Surgery (KJS) is the official scientific Journal of the Kosova College of Surgeons published in the English language. It contains articles from clinical and experimental surgery, descriptions of modern operative techniques (“How I Do It”), review articles, and brief reports.
The journal is open to all researchers and scientists worldwide, and it is published as Open Access.
Responsibilities and Duties
The tasks of the Assistant Editor are as follows:
- Assist the Editor-in-Chief in appointing and directing the activities of the editorial board and peer-reviewers
- Invite the reviewers to join a project
- Monitor the work of the reviewers
- Announce the final decision made for the article
- Observe the reviewers’ comments on an article
- Maintains extensive contact with authors
- Focus on increasing the quality of accepted articles, in part by ensuring that each manuscript is checked prior to being sent for peer review
- Participate in short-term and long-term planning
- Proofread material ready for publication, check covers and source images for publication
- Ensure the timely production of issues
- Write and edit content for the journal webpage and social media outlets
- Dealing with phone and email queries, e.g. from writers and the public
- Proficient in English – written and spoken
- Preferred degree in journalism, communication, or a specialized field that is relevant to the publication
- Preferred degree in a relevant scientific or clinical discipline
- At least two years of pertinent editorial experience is preferred, but not required
- Broad scientific interests
- Ability to think critically about a wide range of scientific and clinical issues
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a diverse team
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Interest in digital communication and publishing trends
Interested candidates who meet the criteria can apply by sending their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected]
It’s preferred that at least two references (contact details of reference persons) be included in the CV.
In the Subject part, please only write “Assistant Editor”.
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview.