Prof. Dr. Selim Krasniqi, gynecologist and obstetrician, was born in the village of Tërpeze e Ulët, Municipality of Malisheva on 06. 05. 1934. He attended primary school in the village of Carallukë, while he graduated from high school in Rahovec in the school year 1949/1950. He completed high school in Prizren in 1955, and the Faculty of Medicine in Skopje in 1962. After completing his military service, in 1964 he was appointed Director of the Health Center in Drenas, a position he held until the end of 1967.
He completed his subspecialization in the field of sterility in Belgrade in 1973. While in Ljubljana in 1980 and in Zagreb in 1985, he completed his subspecialization in laparoscopy. He is the first surgeon in Kosovo who used laparoscopy as a diagnostic method in 1985.
In 1985 he defended his doctorate with the title: Factors of Sterility in Kosovo.
In the Faculty of Medicine, during the period 1973-2000, he worked as an assistant, docent, professor, and Professor Emeritus (1998).
He started working at the Obstetrics-Gynecology Clinic in Pristina in 1968 and worked there until 1990. In the period 1973-1990, Prof. Krasniqi was Head of the Sterility Department. Meanwhile, in the period 1982-1992, he was Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Prof. Krasniqi was a signatory of the Appeal of 215 intellectuals of Kosova for the preservation of autonomy.